The first movie I had the pleasure of seeing in theaters this year was Hidden Figures. What a perfect film to hit off 2017 with. This story is beautifully written, compelling, interesting, fun, and leaves you simply glowing with pleasure and pride for our fellow humans.
The story focuses on three brilliant women who use their God given talents to rock the world of the Space Program and obtain justice for the colored people working for NASA.
I don’t really want to give you a detailed review, that just isn’t my style. Nor do I want to spoil anything, ’cause that isn’t my style either. But I just want to get out there that this movie is brilliant and beautiful and is so well worth going to see.
It’s one of those stories that hit a 5 star with me,and that’s a pretty big deal 🙂
So if you haven’t seen it yet, then you really should. Why? Well if you need a list of reasons…
Ten Reasons You Should Go See Hidden Figures Tonight:
- It has good role models.
- Low language (though there are several mild words, especially at the beginning)
- A look into what it took to get man into space
- Jim Parsons is in it
- Romance that isn’t highly sexualized
- A good sense of what really matters in life
- You get a look at what it was back in the 60s to be a person of color. It gives you a greater understanding than you would have just reading text books about it.
- Beautiful humor
- Space stuff!
- It is an extremely important story, I believe, and one that needs to be told.
I know, I know. I’m still being vague. But I can’t tell you everything! You just have to go see it yourself 🙂
What was the first movie you saw this year?